Enhanced WiFi in our residence halls
Ripon College has partnered with MyResNet to provide internet service and support to your residence. To make sure you’re connected to WiFi, follow the steps below to register for service.
Connect your devices!
Make sure that all your devices like smartphones, tablets, and game systems are registered.
How to Get Connected Guide for New ResNet Users (If you already have a MyResNet account, skip to Step 5)
- From a PC and Mac: Connect to “MyResNet Start Here” from your available wireless networks. Open a browser.
Mobile: Scan the QR code below and open a browser. This QR code can be found on the Apogee support posters in the residence halls as well.
- Click the Option ”New User? Sign Up” button
Please be sure to use your @ripon.edu email address in order to create your account.
During this step you will create a “personal network wifi password” that you will need for
- Once you are logged into the portal follow the 3 steps exactly:
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must register each device that you want to connect to the wi-fi by adding the Mac address of that device into the portal - making sure to turn OFF the private Mac Address feature on phones and laptops (help link in portal if needed). You cannot connect a device to wi-fi until the device is added to your MyResNet account or that device will not recognize the network. Your extra devices will not be able to connect to wi-fi until they are first added to your “My Devices” tab in your MyResNet account profile.
PAN Functionality will become active for all devices that are added to your account. This allows those devices to connect to each other through your own Personal Area Network (PAN)
- For Users that already have a MyResNet account or to return to the portal after the initial account creation to add/delete/manage your devices or update your profile you must first be connected to MyResNet 5G on your device….. open a browser on that same device and navigate to www.myresnet.com and sign into the portal via “returning user” with your MyResNet account credentials. If you are not connected to MyResNet5G on your device, the link above will not work properly for you.
Need Some Help?
If you need any help registering or connecting your devices, a support representative is available 24 hours a day to assist you.
- Call MyResNet support at 855-465-6746
- Email email@example.com
- Text ResNet to 84700
- Chat live at www.MyResNet.com